Export Control by the Japanese Government:
The Japanese government is severely monitoring the export of Japanese products and the relating technologies, and its similar export control is currently being done by other 26 countries including U.S.A., Canada, Australia and major European countries, etc. Its aim is to suppress free trade of weapons and potential parts thereof, expansion of technologies to develop atomic bombs and biochemical weapons, and transfer of dangerous goods to international terrorist groupes, etc. All the Japanese companies (manufacturers and suppliers) are therefore under the severe control by the government in this respect.
Now, please note the following.
1. We cannot supply any items from Japan if our end-buyer is ministry of defense, army, navy, air force, military organization, weapon manufacturer, research institute or university doing military researches and development, etc.
2. We also cannot supply any items from Japan to such end-users in Afganistan, China, India, Iran, Israel, North Korea and Syria as listed in the end user list released to the public by the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry (METI).
-> http://www.meti.go.jp/english/index.html ''End User List''
3. We are obliged to keep our export record, so we will require the following information when we receive a purchase order from a foreign customer, except from the 26 countries mentioned above. This information must be reported in writing to the Japanese customs authorities when we proceed with export customs clearance for each shipment from Japan. If the authorities have a suspicion on our export, then it may be forcibly blocked.
- End-user's full name (company's or organization's name)
- End-user's full address (full street address, not P.O.box No.)
- End-user's main business line and products
- Name and title of the end-user's responsible person
- Purpose of use of the product to be exported (concretely)
Your understanding and cooperation for the above will be highly appreciated to avoid our export problem.